Terms and Conditions Masia Casanova Sitges S.L.
The words and phrases defined in the Booking Form (e.g. “Property”) will have the same meanings when they are used in these Terms and Conditions. In addition, the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings unless the context otherwise requires:
“PROPERTY”: means Masia Casanova, Passaje Casa Nova 8, UB Vora Sitges, 08811 Canyelles, Spain.
“OWNER”, “WE”, “US”): means Masia Casanova Sitges S.L.
“GUEST”, “YOU” or “YOUR”): means the guest(s) named in the Booking Form.
“BOOKING FORM”: the written form produced by the Owner that records the particulars of the Guest, Property, Period and any other relevant terms relating to the occupation of the Property for holiday purposes.
1. Formation of Contract. The contract between the Owner and the Guest is formed on receipt of the Deposit. By paying the Deposit, the Guest is accepting the terms set out in these Terms and Conditions and the Booking Form, which together constitute the entire agreement between the Owner and the Guest with regard to the booking of the Property.
2. Payment. 40% of the whole amount of the reservation has to be paid upon booking via WIRE TRANSFER, VISA or MASTERCARD and is not refundable. Please note that there is a surcharge of 4%, if paid with VISA or MASTERCARD. Payment is deemed received on receipt of cleared funds in the Owner’s account.
3. Deposit. A provisional booking will not be kept unless the Deposit is received within 5 working days of such provisional booking.
4. Payment of Total Price. In all cases payment of the outstanding balance due under the booking (allowing for the Deposit paid) must be made not less than 4 weeks before your planned arrival date at the Property. The Owner will not be under any obligation to issue reminders for any balances due. Non-payment of the balance outstanding, latest 4 weeks prior to arrival, will entitle the Owner to treat the reservation as cancelled by the Guest.
5. Changes and Cancellation. You must advise us if you wish to change any detail of your booking (such as the number of guests). In the unfortunate event that you need to cancel your holiday, your Deposit is non- refundable. If you have paid the remaining balance for the Property, the amount of that balance is also non-refundable.
6. Arrival and Departure. The Property will be ready for occupation from 4pm on the day of arrival. You must vacate the Property no later than 11am on the last day of the Period. You will be liable for any loss, damage, claim, cost or expense arising from any failure on your part to vacate the property in accordance with this condition.
7. The Accommodation. The Accommodation must only be used by those guests (and where appropriate animals) named on the Booking Form. You are not allowed to share the Accommodation or let anyone else stay there. You will occupy the property for holiday purposes and no other. We will have the right to enter the Accommodation at all reasonable times during the day (save in the case of emergency, when we can enter at any time) for the purposes of inspection and repair of the Property and its equipment, fittings and contents. Please note that there is no refund in case of technical problems.
8. Condition of the Accommodation. You must keep the Property and all furniture, fittings and effects, in or on the Property, in the same state of repair and condition as you found them at the commencement of the Period. The Owner will be entitled to deduct monies from the Breakages Deposit if extra cleaning is made necessary as a result of the Property being left in a dirty condition upon the Guest’s departure.
9. Security/Breakages Deposit. In the event that your party exceeds 16 in number, we will ask you to pay the Security/ Breakages Deposit, payable at the time of arrival with the amount of € 900,--. The Security/Breakages Deposit will be returned to you, in full, within 2 weeks after the end of the Period, providing no breakages occur during your stay. An inventory is carried out before your arrival and after your departure. Loss of keys, remote controls (Gate, TV, A/C, …) will be charged to the client at discretion of Masia Casanova Sitges S. L. There will be a minimum cost of € 75,-- per item.
9b. Smoking. Please note that smoking is prohibited inside all buildings and rooms by law. When guests smoke inside the Property’s buildings or rooms, Masia Casanova Sitges S.L. needs to charge an amount of € 250,--. This amount will be used to clean the building or rooms, in order to prevent future guests experiencing inconvenience from the smell.
10. Pets. Pets are permitted in the Property/Accommodation only if agreed to by the Owner. If a pet is taken to the Property/Accommodation without the Owner’s consent, or the stated number/size of pets is exceeded, the Owner is entitled to refuse entry and this will be treated as a cancellation by the Guest.
11. Liability/Amenities. All children under the age of 16 should be supervised at all time by an adult in and around the swimming pool, sauna, garden, house and the whole property.The use of the Property and all its amenities offered, such as swimming pool, etc. are entirely at your own risk and the Owner will not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to the Guest’s belongings, personal injury or loss of life.
12. Your Conduct towards staff. We reserve the right to refuse to accept you as a guest or continue dealing with you if your behaviour is disruptive, threatening or abusive towards our staff. In any of these circumstances you may be evicted from the Property and no refund will be paid to you and we may make a claim against you for any costs and expenses incurred as a result of your behaviour. Criminal proceedings may also be instigated.
13. Joint and several liability: Where the Guest comprises more than one person the liability of all such persons will be joint and several. The person who signs the Booking Form on behalf of the Guest warrants that he/she has full authority and power to sign it and to accept these terms and conditions on behalf of him/herself and any other persons comprising the Guest.
14. Holiday & Personal Insurances. We strongly advise you to take out holiday insurance to cover: (i) any eventualities that may result in you having to cancel your holiday; and (ii) any losses, accidents, damage, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property which may arise out of or in connection with your holiday. No responsibility is taken by the Owner for the loss or damage of personal property or injury or loss of life whilst on the Property.
15. Contacting you. If you book via our website or have opted in other circumstances for us to contact you via e-mail, we will communicate with you using the e-mail address you have provided. For example, to provide your confirmation, we will assume that your e-mail address is correct and that you understand the risks associated with using this form of communication.
16. Complaints. To enable any complaint to be investigated and an action considered, complaints must be taken up with the Owner immediately. The responsibility for any necessary remedial action at all times shall remain with the Owner. If the Guest vacates the Property prematurely as a result of any alleged dissatisfaction, or makes any claim upon return home from the Property, and has not followed this procedure, then no liability for any subsequent claim will be accepted or correspondence entered into. All complaints made during the Period must be confirmed in writing to the Owner within 7 days of the last day of the Period.
17. Jurisdiction. These terms and conditions shall be read and construed in accordance with the local laws of Spain and the parties hereby any dispute arising out of this contract to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Spanish courts.